Monday, April 4, 2016

Getting nibbles at a "Twitter Party"

I recently participated in a "Twitter Party" for children's literature.

For anyone that does not know what Twitter Party is, it's basically the planned use of a specific hashtag during an allotted time. During that time frame, people who are looking for something watch the live stream of people who are offering something and using that hashtag.

For example, I have written a few children's books that I would like representation for, therefore, I tweet about my books using the hashtag and hope to gain the attention of agents and publishers. If they "like" my tweet, I have an in and am able to send my manuscript to them!

I've participated a few times but this is the first time I have ever gotten any "likes". I got likes on two different books, which is FANTASTIC!

I immediately started working on my cover letters and sent off my queries. It's all very exciting.

I'll keep you updated if I hear back from the agents!

No comments:

Post a Comment